Giveaway Disclaimer and Participation Agreement
The American Association of Adapted Sports Programs, Inc.,(referenced as AAASP or “organization’ herein), will conduct a promotional giveaway as described in these general rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Giveaway Item(s). The items (s) that may be awarded to the eligible recipient(s):
· Are not redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize.
· All prizes must be redeemed within 60 days of the drawing(s) end date unless otherwise stated in these official rules.
· Recipient or recipients must insure that they have submitted a current and accurate email, phone number mailing/shipping address to AAASP and agrees that the Organization shall not be responsible for repair or replacement of items damaged, lost or stolen while in route or after delivery to the indicated address by any mail or shipping entity.
· If a recipient cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the organization reserves the right to determine an alternate recipient or not to award that recipient’s item, in its sole discretion.
2. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and recipient(s)
· Must be U.S. residents.
· The age limit for participant(s) and recipient(s) is eight (8) years or older. A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release at the time of submission of their entry on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize in this promotional giveaway. The release is available as a downloadable .PDF for those submitting entries by mail and is also made part of the electronic submission. The Organization reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor if or until a parental release has not been submitted.
· Participants and recipient(s) must be or be affiliated with a current or former athlete in a member or affiliated program of AAASP. Family members, teachers, coaches, coordinators, officials, trainers, school administrators or school representatives with personal experiences to share regarding the program, are eligible.
· Unless otherwise stated in the official giveaway rules, only one (1) entry per person is allowed per month, totaling three (3) allowable submissions in each of the four (4) drawing periods. Only one (1) recipient per household is allowed during the entire period of the Giveaway.
· Employees of the Organization, any participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win.
3. Communication/Delivery Disclaimer.
· The Organization disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method.
· The Organization is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Giveaway. Photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are not permitted.
4. PR, Publicity, Promotion; Use of Personal Information. By participating in this promotional Giveaway, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Organization exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Giveaway, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Organization may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Organization to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
5. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and recipient waives any and all claims of liability against the Organization, its employees, partners and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and members and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Giveaway, or from the use of any items awarded. As previously stated, in order to receive an award, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Organization.
6. Descriptions of Giveaway Items.
Walmart Gift Card, to be used at any Walmart worldwide.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the items, as described above, is based on available information provided to the Organizations, and the value of any prize awarded to a recipient may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each recipient is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the award(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each recipient, or their parent or guardian if they are a minor, will be contacted if awarded an item and must provide
the Organization with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any Giveaway item will be awarded. Any person, receiving over $600 in prizes from the Organization will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. For purposes of this Giveaway, no single item is valued at over three-hundred and fifty dollars ($350).
8. Conduct, Judging, and Decisions. By participating in the Giveaway, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Organization personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Giveaway or obtain recipient status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Organization will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Giveaway and the Organization’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Giveaway is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Organization, the Organization reserves the right to terminate this Giveaway, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Organization deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Organization and are final. The Organization may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
9. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim a Giveaway item. The Organization may substitute items, amend the rules or discontinue the Giveaway at any time as announced on its Website(s). Drawings for the 4 giveaways will be conducted when possible via FACEBOOK LIVE. The Organization disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Giveaway. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of recipients, write to AAASP, PO Box 451047, Atlanta, GA 31145 or visit the Organization’s website at www.adaptedsports.org <http://www.adaptedsports.org/> . All entries become the property of the Organization and will not be returned.
10. Law Compliance. The conduct of the Giveaway is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. AAASP shall follow the applicable laws for conducting giveaways, including any of the following that may be applicable: notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, providing for specific disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Giveaway, etc. as required by local and state law.